- GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING (AGM)
Youth Without Borders Ghana (YWB-GH) is a membership-based youth organisation, the General Assembly is a group of all such members, including its board members, management and staff members. The General Assembly usually meets once a year. The AGM is highest decision making body that guides and advises the overall development and progress of the YWB. The general assembly helps in creating a good transparent image for YWB, in building trust with its partners and stakeholders, and in public relations and fund-raising activities.
The Board of Directors and the Executive Director are assisted by a Patron. The Patron is responsible for providing useful and good image of YWB, and enhance YWB’s “brand name” besides providing advice for YWB. He is the final mediator of all issues in YWB.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Board of Directors membership in YWB is voluntary and non-remunerative. Board meetings are kept closed, though written proceedings, reports and minutes may be made public for transparency purposes. The Board is responsible for a number of tasks, including hiring and supervising the Executive Director, approve annual programmes and budgets, etc. Board Members are also expected to champion YWB’s cause, and promote YWB to the larger community. Board members are also to help raise funds, build networks and partners and provide general support for YWB’s strategic vision and its implementation.
- MANAGEMENT TEAM
Management team of YWB is responsible for the day-to-day functioning, and implementing of its programmes and projects. The Executive Director and the six Directors form the Management Team and are supported by the staff.
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: Executive Director is responsible for the overall direction in which the YWB moves, and the responsibility for managing the day-to-day activities of the YWB. The Executive Director is also member of the board – usually its Executive Secretary. He or she reports to the Board.
- DIRECTORATES: They report to the Executive Director, who overall is responsible for YWB’s activities. YWB have been categorised into six Directorates:
- Directorate of Programmes and Projects (DPP)
- Directorate of Research, Policy and Advocacy (DRPA)
- Directorate of Finance and Sponsorship (DFS)
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Directorate of Communications and Public Affairs (DCPA)
- Directorate of Human Resources and Administration (DHRA)
- STAFF MEMBERS: The various Directorates are assisted by Head of Divisions and Units, various officers, consultants, junior staff, volunteers and interns.