We will be having the following events to help promote our activities:
- I Empower-Youth Empowerment Campaign (IE-YEC): This campaign is expected to communicate to all young people their self-worth, dignity, personal responsibility, standards of excellence and their contribution to the development of their communities, nation and the rest of the world. It will be carried out in public platforms like schools, communities, youth group meetings, youth events, TV, Radio, online, papers and any other platform that we deem appropriate. It will mainly be a speaking campaign and advocacy campaign.
- Young Entrepreneurs and Leaders’ Summit (YELS): The national young entrepreneurs and leaders’ summit is an annual event to build the capacity of young people in the areas of entrepreneurship and leadership which we believe are the critical engines of our national and global development. the 5-day event will cover specific topics to help young people know themselves, clarify and adopt positive core values, identify their potentials, equip them with business skills and ethics, inculcate the entrepreneurial mindset, introduce YWB-GH’s transformational leadership model to them, discover their unique set of leadership skills and qualities, understand the broader concept of leadership and finally develop their individual action plans for their entrepreneurial and leadership journey.
- Youth Technology and Business Summit (YTBS): This is a national programme organized in three sections. The country is zone into three for the purpose of this programme, namely: Southern zone in Accra, Middle Zone in Kumasi and Northern Zone in Tamale. This is a 1-day event targeted at giving the youth the needed technological skills and its effective application in business for growth. Giant organization and individuals in the IT industry will are normally invited to take participants through a set of IT-based skills and training. Business accomplishers and established business tycoons take time and revive participants’ capabilities and capacities to come up with their own business ideas. This programme is an eye opener for up and coming graduates from Universities, other tertiary institutions and SHS graduate.
- Future Leaders Camp (FLC): This camp brings together a group of promising teenagers to be taken through YWB-GH’s transformational leadership model aimed at equipping them with leadership skills and concepts. We believe that this camp will be able to help us breed conscious and excellent leaders to occupy various leadership positions in all sectors of our national development and make them compete with their peers in other parts of the world.
- Ghana Youth Awareness Week (GYAW): This awareness week is geared towards bringing the powers, experiences, achievements, challenges and contributions of young Ghanaians into the general public. Series of activities will be lined up to mark this week including debates, cleanup exercises, games, tours, lectures, media briefings and discussions, health screenings among others.
- Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Forum(YEEF): The challenges facing graduates and young entrepreneurs have been the focus of many discussions in recent times. The number of fresh graduates who keep adding up to the bunch of unemployed graduates keeps surging and worsening the unemployment menace every year. The few graduates who chance on pockets of jobs face a variety of challenges including work experience requirements, knowledge of basic organizational skills, monetary demands, underpaid salary, and for some females, sexual demands, sexual harassments, and organizational policies that detract their family life. Those with brilliant business ideas face difficulties with start-up capital whiles other young entrepreneurs also battle with survival in the market. Their inability to manage these challenges well affects their career development and progress.It is in this regard that Youth Without Borders Ghana organizes this forum every year. The Forum focuses on the challenges of young entrepreneurs and graduates in the modern dispensation. Participants gain new knowledge on ensuring career success in the face of the aforementioned challenges.
- Career Women and Leadership Summit (CWLS): The rationale behind the Career Women and Leadership Summit is to expose young women to issues pertaining to leadership and governance and challenges confronting career women at the corporate world. The summit is also designed to share with young women contemporary trends in spousal right and its related issues.
- Young Women in Leadership Forum (YWLS): Organizations and individuals around the world have supported the Gender Parity Campaign and committed to helping women and girls achieve their ambitions; challenge conscious and unconscious bias; call for gender-balanced leadership; value women and men’s contributions equally; and create inclusive flexible cultures. Youth Without Borders Ghana has also been at the forefront in this campaign. Youth Without Borders Ghana believes Young Women in Leadership Forum can be an important catalyst and vehicle for driving greater change for women and moving closer to gender parity. Each one of us – with women, men and non-binary people joining forces – can be a leader within our own spheres of influence by taking bold pragmatic action to accelerate gender parity. Through purposeful collaboration, we can help women advance and unleash the limitless potential offered to economies the world over.