YWB maintains a management team that ensures youth are constantly motivated by responding to their individual needs. We believe the youth we serve are the most important asset and they require our very best. We constantly renew the commitment and capacity of management members to ensure they effectively design, implement and monitor the operations of the organisation.
Below is the core management team made of passionate, promising and purposeful youth:
- King David Cartey (Mr.) (MA, BSc., Ghana), Executive Director (ED) :
King David Cartey i s a vibrant young leader from Ghana, who believes that every challenge is an opportunity to achieve success fueled with creativity. He previously worked as a committee assistant on Ghana’s Parliamentary Select Committee on Finance, volunteer resource person on youth programs at TV Africa, and a volunteer radio presenter at Solid FM and Mynd FM, Kumasi. He currently works as the Special Aide to MP for Old Tafo and Cabinet Minister for Monitoring & Evaluation, at the Office of the President, Republic of Ghana.
He is a believer of youth power and works assiduously with the spirit of unleashing youth potentials through training and skills development, gender advocacy, science and technology, security and governance participation. He was the Majority Leader for Students Parliament of Ghana; University of Education. He is an African Union Youth Volunteer, trained in Egypt, an Emerging African Leaders programme fellow trained in Cape Town, South Africa and a member of the Young African Leaders Initiative.David served as Director of Communications and Public Affairs for Youth Without Borders Ghana from January 2013 until July 2018.
David was recently made SDG ambassador by the UNFPA country representative in India where he obtained a post graduate certificate in Science Diplomacy from the Research and Information Systems (RIS) for Developing Countries.
Mr. Cartey has represented the youth of Ghana and Africa in many fora both home and abroad. He was part of the YWB team that facilitated the organization of the 8th African Union Youth Volunteers Corps (AUYVC) pre-deployment training in Accra, Ghana in December 2017.
Mr. Cartey holds a Master of Arts Gender, Peace and Security from Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre and a Bachelor of Science, Accounting from University of Education, Ghana.
- Angela Asante (Ms.) (MSc. UK, BSc,Ghana), Director of Administration (DA):
Angela Asante currently works as the Operations Manager for the Youth Employment Agency (YEA) Ashanti Regional Directorate. She is an Urban Planner by profession and had earlier worked as a Research Assistant at the Bureau of Integrated Rural Development (BIRD-KNUST) in developing rural development strategies and its practical policy applications. While at BIRD, she worked on several consultative research that brought development in many rural communities.
Angela Asante currently volunteers as a teacher in the children’s ministry in her home church. She is a member of the YALI Network. She volunteered with Planning Aid Scotland (PAS), Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) and KNUST Peer Counsellors. Ms. Asante has worked on several committees while advocating for women empowerment during her time as ladies’ representative on the Students Chaplaincy Council (SCC), KNUST.
Her work with Youth Without Borders (YWB) Ghana started in 2014, haven served actively as a member which led to her progression as Head of Programmes and Partnerships.
Angela Asante holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Development Planning from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology and Master of Science (MSc.) degree in Urban and Regional Planning from the Heriot-Watts University, UK.
- Samuel Gariba (Mr.) (MPhil (Ongoing).,Kumasi, BSc., Kumasi), Director of Program(DP):
- Samuel Gariba is social and community development worker and has combined four years of experience in nonprofit, teaching, research and community development sectors. He previously worked as the Project Officer of Centre for the Development of People (CEDEP) between November 2013 and October 2017. He also served as the Ashanti Regional Director for Youth Without Borders Ghana from October 2016 until July 2018.
Samuel has trained citizens in local governance and social accountability, and engaged metropolitan, municipal and district public officers on community development needs. He assisted communities to address their problems through engagement, participation and involvement of minority groups.
Formerly, Samuel was a Teaching and Research Assistant at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, from September 2012 to August 2013, where he assisted lecturers to develop course content. He has volunteered as a Desk Officer under the ‘Innovative Programs’ of National Youth Authority, Ashanti Regional Directorate, where he facilitated the training of people with disability in alternative livelihoods between June and August 2012. Whilst working here, he led a team of forty-five (45) youth at the Sub-Regional Dialogue of Stakeholders to Review the National Youth Policy. In November 2011, he was subsequently selected to represent Ashanti Region on the Youth Parliament Consultative Assembly under the National Youth Authority, which lasted for a year. He, together with other young people, worked to develop modalities for institution of Youth Parliament in Ghana, which was replicated in the final National Youth Policy Implementation Plan in the later years.
His background and experience have given him great skills in community entry and mobilization, policy and advocacy as well as research, data collection, analysis and reporting. Gariba holds a Bachelor of Art degree in History, and currently pursuing his Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree in Historical Studies at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana.
- Armstrong Ephraim Awinbugri (Mr.) (PhD (Ongoing); CA; MBA, Ghana; BSc, Ghana; Dip. Ghana), Director of Finance (DF):
- Armstrong Ephraim Awinbugri is an ambitious entrepreneur, author, accountant and a lecturer. As an entrepreneur, he is the CEO of Ambitious Clusters Ltd, comprising Ambitious Boutique, Ambitious Mobile Money Banking and Ambitious Transport. Ephraim is an author of three books including : Aim Financial Accounting for S.H.S and Beginners in the Tertiary; The Youth and Investment in Modern -Day Society; and Manifesting the Glory of God. He currently works as the Accountant of Presbyterian Women’s Training College and a Lecturer at Kessben University College. Until his appointment, Armstrong served as Project Coordinator for I-Empower Youth Empowerment Campaign (IE-YEC) of Youth Without Borders Ghana , a position he occupied until July 2018.
His fervent and insatiable desire to serve humanity, even in topsy turvy times has seen him held several leadership roles. His leadership philosophy over the years remains service with humility and he’s carved a unique leadership trait of commitment, dedication and confidence and would naturally resign from any role if he fails to woefully live in line with the mandate. He believes in financial re- engineering embodying revenue generation through sponsorships, donation etc and cutting down cost in the most effective way.
He is a Chartered Accountant, and holds MBA Accounting, BSc Administration (Accounting) and Diploma in Education, all from the University of Education, Winneba. Armstrong is currently pursuing his PhD in Accounting and Finance with the UNICAF University.
- Daniel Ackah (Mr.) (BEd., Ghana , Dip, Ghana), Director of Communications (DC):
- Daniel Ackah is an educationists by Profession and a youth civic leader by training. Ackah is passionate about positive influential change, youth capacity development and entrepreneurial training. He is the President of African Christian Youth Network (ACYN) in Takoradi, Ghana in areas of advocacy, training, education and counseling. Daniel served in Abuesi in the Shama district and now serving in Senchem in the wassa east all of the western region of Ghana . He founded ACYN in 2015 to help reduce the school dropout rate and to promote girl child education. His team has been able to get 75 girls back to school and given entrepreneurial training to 45 parents to start businesses. He served as the Western Regional Coordinator for Youth Without Borders Ghana until July 2018.
Daniel Ackah is an Alumni of prestigious YALI West Africa initiative and he is currently experimenting the use of bamboo and mud to build modern apartment for government employees in rural enclaves. He is education and youth advocate and a travelling enthusiasts
Daniel holds a Bachelor of Education Degree with specialisation in Psychology and Educational Foundation from the University of Cape Coast, and Diploma in Education from the Komenda College of Education.
- Julius Karl D. Fieve (Mr.) (MSc (Ongoing); BSc, Ghana), Regional Coordinator, Volta Region:
- Julius Karl D. Fieve is an innovative, selfless, visionary, and dedicated young leader with over 10 years experience in Youth Advocacy, CommunityDevelopment and Project Management. He is currently the Programme Officer of the Global Women Development Promoters (GLOWDEP) working in the areas of WASH, Women Empowerment, Child Labour Remediation, Education, Training and Capacity Building.
Julius is the Assembly Member of Central Tongu District of the Volta Region, a position he has used for the empowerment of the youths, women and marginalized in deprived communities.
Julius is a Global Shaper of Kumasi Hub. He is also a Fellow of the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), a US Government leadership program for young leaders in Africa as well as an Associate Fellow of the Royal Commonwealth Society. As an ardent promoter of youth and women empowerment, he initiated community leadership and empowerment program where over 1000 youth have benefited from mentorship and coaching from experts and academics.
Julius is currently pursuing his Master’s Degree in Economics at KNUST. He holds BSc. Actuarial Science Degree from KNUST and also an Executive Certificate in Project Management from the African Centre for Capacity Building (AFCCB). He is at the final stage of completing the Ghana Stock Exchange Certified Financial Analyst Professional Exams.
- Doe Addo Nyantor (Mr.) (MPhil (Ongoing).,Kumasi, BSc., Ghana; Dip, Ghana), Regional Coordinator, Brong Ahafo Region :
- Doe teaches at Nkoranza Senior High Technical School in the Brong Ahafo Region and also a Housemaster. He first graduated from Univeristy for Development Studies with Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Agricultural Technology and Diploma in Education from University of Education, Winneba . He is currently pursuing Master of Philosophy (MPhil.) degree in Biotechnology at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi. Doe has established Science & Maths Quiz club, Young Debaters club and Cadet Corps in his school in order to undercover the potentials in teaming youth. He is peer counselor and mentorship expert.
- Timothy Nsoh(Mr.) ( BSc., Ghana; Dip, Ghana), Regional Coordinator, Upper East Region :
- Sheriff Sulemana (Mr.) ( BSc., Kumasi), Regional Coordinator, Northern Region :
- Peter Nanzonige (Mr.) ( BSc., Ghana; Dip, Ghana), Regional Coordinator, Upper West Region :
- Foster Agbobadah (Mr.) (HND, Ghana; Dip, Ghana), Regional Coordinator, Eastern Region :